• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

More unknown names

gibbo

From
Australia
On my late uncles 1939 ID card thing his address was stated as 2 Falconer Street York ... my uncle was about 3 months old at the time and his address was different to my grandmothers address.

I got a email back from York yesterday and it has the following names as been on the electoral register for that time

Residents of 2 Falconer Street York in 1938 - 39
Eleanor Jane Warren OW R
Robert Bowen R
Dorothy Lillian Warren RW

Their names havent popped up anywhere in my research, well not as yet anyway so possibly could later on but for now im wondering who these people were.
Is there anyway i can find out if maybe one of these people were a foster parent/s to my uncle? And does anyone know what the letters after their names mean... OW R etc.

gibbo

On my late uncles 1939 ID card thing his address was stated as 2 Falconer Street York ... my uncle was about 3 months old at the time and his address was different to my grandmothers address.

I got a email back from York yesterday and it has the following names as been on the electoral register for that time

Residents of 2 Falconer Street York in 1938 - 39
Eleanor Jane Warren OW R
Robert Bowen R
Dorothy Lillian Warren RW

Their names havent popped up anywhere in my research, well not as yet anyway so possibly could later on but for now im wondering who these people were.
Is there anyway i can find out if maybe one of these people were a foster parent/s to my uncle? And does anyone know what the letters after their names mean... OW R etc.

gibbo

An explanation can be seen here.

Cheers,

Gerard

Back