• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

moreton please

jayneflop

hi to anyone who can help im trying to find a sussannah moreton born abt 1868 in staffordshire,i now she married george hocknell in the 1880s and from what ive found she may have had a twin sister patience but i cannot find anything ata all on her if you can find anything it would be a great help from family members also doing our tree a jenkins name keeps coming up,dont know if this is linked

jayneflop

hi dave could you see if you can find anything about sussannah,i think ive found a death for patience in 1868 but would be great if i can the parents out i have certainly hit a brick wall on this one mate,u ok mate

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi folks :)
She's Susan in 1901 as Susan HOCKWELL in 1891 both times born in West Brom.

Where can she be??

the Susannah Morton 4yrs in 1871 Stalybridge should read Samuel!!

oznannie

Last edited:

jayneflop

hi oz and dave thankyou,i found a susannah morton in 1881 she was living with a joseph and hannah morris and a alfred jordan in tettenhall but she is classed as a visitor,so im not sure if she is the right one,i really dont know with her,a family member whos doing the tree as well as said we both know she is susaannah morton but on some of her kids birth certificate she is jenkins,whow this a brainer,if you cand find anything else let me know please and again thankyou

Hi Jayne
I think I've cracked it. Surprising how a little bit of nondescript info can do the trick

1871 census - There is a Susan H Jenkins born 1868 in West Brom to a William Jenkins 44 Halifax, and Mary Ann 43 Madeley. She is also on the 1881 census aged 13 (named Jinkins) with the same parents (named Jenkins).
However in 1861 William is married to an Ann 36 of Newcastle Staffs

There is a marriage in 1868 West Brom ref 6b 1037, of William Jenkins and one of the brides is Mary Ann Morton, As Susan H and Patience were born 1867 they may have been christened with the mothers name

Ley me know if you cant find the returns

dave