• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Mr

Hi there; I have been researching my roots for many years, and have my immigrant ancestor (Thomas Seaward) coming to Maryland in 1667, he was born in Devon England about 1649. Which brings me to this site, in hopes of finding more information, especially about his family in England. I know so very little of the geography of England, such as, where St.Mary Tavy (St Mary Tree) is, This is a name I have come across as a possible place of birth of his wife, Elizabeth Bishop. Not having the navigation knowledge to find genealogical sites there has handicapped me. Some un supported information I have is Thomas Seaward, the son of William (a possibility that William spelled the name as Seward) was the brother in law to William Bishop, and Elizabeth Bishop was the sister to William Bishop. I would appreciate any and all help regarding the name of Seward, Soward, Seaward and William Bishop, but especially any information on a "Elizabeth ir Lucy" Bishop born abt 1649/50. It is a pleasure to know I can get help from people so far away, where an ocean is still a barrier 350 years later...... Thank you from an appreciative 'Yank' \ Alvin Soward