• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

My silly family!-Allen branch-names?

Seriously, more than half of them needs their heads testing!!!(quiet in the peanut gallery!):2fun::2fun::2fun:

My 2nd Ggandfather William Charles Allen born abt 1859.

On the marriage banns of his son, of the same name born in 1882 he is listed a William Charles Allen (deceased). In the 1891 census he is listed as William Charles Allen.

It doesn't take much to work out his name is William Charles Allen.

until you come to the 1901 census where his is listed as Charles William Allen (same wife kids etc). I ordered his marriage cert based on the name William Charles Allen and Mary E King based on the likely hood of the 1 census being wrong. I just send the details of with the year and names. It came back today, he is Charles William Allen. Now on my tree I also had the wife’s dads name wrong until this cert came though, so I did some checking at FMP and ‘A’ and FS. In a 10 year period (I know they were married in 1877 but went a few years either way just to be sure) I could only find a listing for 1 allen marrying a 1 king with the correct forenames. So my questions are

a) Do I change his name on my tree to Charles William Allen?

b) Can some kind soul find out if I have missed a listing 1870 – 1880 with these names on?

Linda

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 22
leefer FHUK Funny Forum 2
G FHUK Funny Forum 3
G FHUK General Chat Room 19
juliejtp Births 13
G FHUK General Chat Room 11