• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Mystery Death

Looking for the death of JOSEPH JAMES MINETT. Born in Islington 1855 and married St.Pancras Old Church, London 1877. His daughter Sophia who married in 1902, marriage certificate says Joseph is deceased, but no death details can be found anywhere? Any one any fresh ideas please. Further details can be read on the Help Forum. Thank you.

dochines

Valued Member
I did a quick search of the free BDM site and could find no entries for his full name. However if you just search for Joseph Minett between 1877 and 1902 It finds 9 possibilities.

As he was in the Islington / Pancras area the one worth checking further is

Joseph Perry Minett aged 56 died Pancras 1st Q 1884 1b 49

the Joseph Minett who died in Islington was only 1 year old but could be relevant see BDM 1888 3Q Islington 1b 177

There are two deaths in Chelmsford Essex for a Joseph Mimett

BDM 1880 4Q Chelmsford 4a 170 aged 78

and

BDM 1882 2Q Chelmsford 4a 155 aged 65

the other adult James Minetts are in Birmingham, Winchcomb and Barnsley when they die.

I do hope this helps

dochines

Dear Dochines,
Thank you for your message.
We know that Joseph James Minett was alive in the 1891 censor.
The one year old was not our line, but related to the Horsekeeper Joseph Minett.
We shall however follow up on the James Minett's you have found, and thank you for your time in finding these.
I am also going to pursue the Robinson line, in hopes of finding someone perhaps related to Eleanor Sears Robinson, and that perhaps they will have some Family History to release to us.
Regards
Pauline