• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Mystery Photo's.

I've just searched for Anona ???? on Ancestry and found a Anona Machin born Cannock, Staffordshire.

So perhaps Gordon Machin is his name.

Found a marriage to Muriel R.(Ruby?) Fereday. Cannock, Staffordshire.

And found Anona J. Machin birth, mothers maiden name Fereday. Cannock, Staffordshire.

And Anona's marriage to Peter Hickman in 1975, Cannock, Staffordshire.

Will have to find a phone book now, and hope she is the one. Then I can return the photo's to her.

What do you all reckon.

Steve.:)

I've just searched for Anona ???? on Ancestry and found a Anona Machin born Cannock, Staffordshire.

So perhaps Gordon Machin is his name.

Found a marriage to Muriel R.(Ruby?) Fereday. Cannock, Staffordshire.

And found Anona J. Machin birth, mothers maiden name Fereday. Cannock, Staffordshire.

And Anona's marriage to Peter Hickman in 1975, Cannock, Staffordshire.

Will have to find a phone book now, and hope she is the one. Then I can return the photo's to her.

What do you all reckon.

Just found her second marriage in 1983 in Cannock, Anona J.Hickman to Stephen Bateman.

Hi Steve

Having read through from beginning to end, I am not sure. I have been there and done most of it !! I am not sure whether she would appreciate having the photo or not.

It would obviously have to be put in delicate manner !! Perhaps she would like it , she might not have many others. It maybe she couldn't care less.

If you do not try, then at least you will have satisfied yourself that you returned it to the rightful owner

Have you got a phone number ? It might lessen the shock , so to speak.

Maddie

Hi Maddie,

From what I can remember, she was her Dad's 'apple of his eye'.

I have no address nor phone number. If I moved forward with this, I would write first. I would never 'cold call'.
I may even just email the local newspaper with a picture and "Do you know this person............".

I have only just done a search, realising her unusual christian name.

Hi there.....P Risboy(Steve)is not online using the forum at present but will almost certainly be on a later....he was the person doing the homework on this thread.
There is a facility to do private messaging on here so maybe sign in a little later or hang around.....P Risboy is one of our moderators and his name will pop up on the left in Red when he logs in.
If you are busy i am sure he will notice your messege and leave one of his own for you to read at a time that suits you.

Welcome to the forum.......regards,Lee.

hello there i think i can help you with this i am anona batemans son-inlaw can you tell me what its conserning please.:confused:

Hi Deano.

I have some photo's of Anona's father in Army uniform, and one or two outside their house. I met him and Anona many years ago, along with Gordons wife , who I only knew as Ruby.

I only met them once, in about 1964/65 in Cannock, Staffs. If Anona would like these pictures, I would be more than willing to email a copy, or send the originals.

I'm sure Anona met my Parents on more than one occasion.

Their names were Fred(Frederick) and Edie(Edith) Ives from Buckinghamshire.

If you can confirm this, please let me know what you want me to do.

that would be good can mate if you could my email is (emailed address removed) in accordance with forum policy. Deano I have passed on your email address to Steve. Julie moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back