• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

name lookup

trying to find a edwin munden all i know is that he had a son frederick munden and on fredericks marriage certificate 1887:confused: it has deceased written under edwins name and that he was a sergeant in the royal marine artillery dated

pejay

Valued Member
where was the son married? do you know Edwin's birthplace ? wife or where he may have come from? perhaps we could find more info on the other censuses . I see you are from Cornwall do you think he was born there?:)

all i know at the moment about him is that on his son fredericks marriage cert in 1887 is that father is edwin munden and written underneath is deceased. But on his birth cert it has father written as gwilym munden and his mother as caroline johanna munden formerly giddy, but the fathers occupation on both is sergeant royal marine artillery but cant find edwin or gwilym anywhere:confused:

gedcom

On the 1861 England census there is a

Gwilym Thos Munden 39 Sargeant RM Artillery
Caroline Munden 22
Emily Mary Munden 1 Mo

in Portsea Hampshire, Gwilym born Penline, Glamorgan.

Gedcom

gedcom

He looks a good possible, I cannot find anything further at the moment. They could have been abroad or if Gwilym had died Caroline could have remarried. Will keep having a look around.

Gedcom

gedcom

This looks like Carolines birth registration which ties in with the above census as Caroline says born Devon on the 1861

Caroline Joanna Giddy, Q4 1838 Plymouth Devon
Volume: 9
Page: 382

Gedcom

ps, there is a marriage with a Caroline Joanna Giddy in 1855 but no Munden/variant on the same page. Registered Plymouth, William John Horrell or Edmund John Kent on same page??

Last edited: