• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

need a push in the right direction........

SuzanneW

Can anyone kindly tell me of a quick way of checking siblings of an ancestor please?:confused:

Is there any easy and quick way?:confused: :confused:

If not, what is the best, and the right way to get the info right 1st time?:confused: :D :confused:

Just asking......... as I think I have found 4-5 siblings of one of my ancestors, and have no idea now how to tally them up (being blonde probably!!! I normally am!!! no disrespect anyone else who is blonde)

Thank you

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Suzanne

The quickest way would be the census records I suppose. I take it you have already looked at these have you?

Censuses are the only big thing that can record a whole household in one document. After that I would say poor relief documents.

Ben

SuzanneW

Thanks Ben,

Thought it might be the case!!!!!! Gonna end up with RSI in my fingers and I think my laptop has already got it - with regards to Census searches!!!!!!

How painstaking are they?

And come to think of it - how costly too?:eek:

Talk about get through £20 per night without realising it (what a swizz, getting us to pay for something that is ours???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Anyway, thank you for advice, will keep on trekking through the mountain of results.

Speak soon.

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Suzanne,
There is nothing easy and quick about family history, to me that is part of the fun of it.
as regards cheap? i wish it was myself :2fun:
Unfortunately the only way you can be 100% sure is to obtain the birth certs of the siblings and hope the parents names are your ancestors.
I like many researchers, have found siblings , and said yes! found the details i was after and been happy with myself, then applied for the birth certs and found when the certs come, that the parents are not my ancestors, so have had to start again,
sorry to put a downer on it all, but that is the only way you can be 100% sure ,
i wish you success regards StericoO0

SuzanneW

Thanks for that bit of advice................. valuable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting to realise this is a long drawn out process........... but at least it keeps me out of trouble and away from the clothes shops!!!!!

Will go on a mission next couple of weeks I think, and order birth certs etc of what I have traced so far and just take a step back..............

Thank you again, happy researching