• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Need help finding family in Gibraltar

Hi Steve

No luck so far, I'm afraid.
I did contact someone on another site and sent an email, but he never got back to me.
I think that part of my family is going to be a long hard slog. I shall not give up though, hopefully the new year will bring some new luck:)

Thanks for your asking:)

I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
And best wishes for 2010:)

Maggie:)

Hello again:)

I recently found another site, which I think may help me.
I need to investigate it further but I thought I would mention it in-case it helps anyone else looking for family in Gibraltar.
http://www.gibraltargenealogy.com/

I am also going to contact the Churches and Cemeteries, to see if they may be of some assistance.

Regards

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello again:)

I recently found another site, which I think may help me.
I need to investigate it further but I thought I would mention it in-case it helps anyone else looking for family in Gibraltar.
http://www.gibraltargenealogy.com/

I am also going to contact the Churches and Cemeteries, to see if they may be of some assistance.

Regards

Keep knocking on those doors Maggie, someone will answer.:) :)

Steve.:)

maggiecarson

Hi Steve

I haven't had a breakthrough, yet. I have been working on another branch of my tree, am waiting for certificate to move back further.
That doesn't mean Ive given up, just taking a break:)

maggiecarson

Re: Need help finding family in Gibraltar - Found!!!!

Hello :)

Some good news:)

I have found my Grandparents marriage details on FamilySearch, they have recently updated their records!

Not only did it give me my Grandparents marriage details, Ive also got birth dates and their parents names, also other family members.

Persistence, luck and my stubborn streak has paid off:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Re: Need help finding family in Gibraltar - Found!!!!

Hello :)

Some good news:)

I have found my Grandparents marriage details on FamilySearch, they have recently updated their records!

Not only did it give me my Grandparents marriage details, Ive also got birth dates and their parents names, also other family members.

Persistence, luck and my stubborn streak has paid off:)

That's brilliant Maggie.

Glad you got that sorted, so it's onwards and backwards.:)

Any more tips/sites you find, could you pass them on to us all.:)

Steve.:)

maggiecarson

Hi Steve,

I'm still buzzing with excitement:)

Have you checked out the new records on Family Search? They have added lots of new records! Well worth a look:)

If I find anything else that may help, I will certainly post it.

Regards, Maggie:)

Hello all, I thought it time for an update on finding my family in Gibraltar.

I have had a wonderful result after contacting a cousin who I contacted on another genealogy site. (Genes Reunited).

My cousin was able to help me immensely, supplying me with baptism, birth and marriage details of my ancestors. I now have certificates of baptism (Spanish) which contain so much detail, grandparents on both sides and also godparents names. They also mention spouse's names. I also received a photo of my great grandmother which was a real treat!
I have learned so much history on my family and now have a clearer understanding on who they were and how they lived there lives.

Facebook is also another source to gain knowledge, there are a few groups for history lovers which has helped me learn more about the areas I am interested in.

My message to anyone is never give up hope :)

Maggie.