• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

New member from Yate, South Glos.

Hello everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.
I joined some months ago, but thought it was about time I stopped lurking and posted something.
I've been researching my family history for some six years now and have met many 'new' relatives and made several friends through on-line forums and message boards.
I was born in Bristol, where my mother's family come from and my father was born in Devizes, Wiltshire, and am probably somewhat unusual these days in that I have never moved further than 15 miles from my birthplace. I've amassed a database of over 2000 linked individuals, but have so far only managed to trace one of my four grandparent lines as far back 1650. I get sidetracked by my equal interest in the local history of where my family lived!
I'm active in my local history and family history associations and try to help others where I can.
My primary interests are in:
Hampton (Devizes post 1800)
Watts (Potterne 1650-1850, Devizes post 1850)
Vincent (Bristol post 1800)
Jenkins (Bristol post 1800)
I look forward to reading the lists.

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Hello everyone and a Happy New Year to you all.
welcome Welcome to the FHUK family history forum wattshamp40

I joined some months ago, but thought it was about time I stopped lurking and posted something.
I've been researching my family history for some six years now and have met many 'new' relatives and made several friends through on-line forums and message boards.
That's great - what made you stop lurking and join in?:)

I was born in Bristol, where my mother's family come from and my father was born in Devizes, Wiltshire, and am probably somewhat unusual these days in that I have never moved further than 15 miles from my birthplace.
I regularly go down to Bristol on business and like you I have always lived very close to where I was born (apart from being in the Army - don't think that counts though!:p )

I've amassed a database of over 2000 linked individuals, but have so far only managed to trace one of my four grandparent lines as far back 1650. I get sidetracked by my equal interest in the local history of where my family lived!
We all get sidetracked - I do most of the time!

I'm active in my local history and family history associations and try to help others where I can.
My primary interests are in:
Hampton (Devizes post 1800)
Watts (Potterne 1650-1850, Devizes post 1850)
Vincent (Bristol post 1800)
Jenkins (Bristol post 1800)
look forward to seeing you in the future wattshamp40 - you have really come to the right place where we all help each other - really glad you
try to help others where I can
Thanks very much.

All the very best for 2007,

Regards,
Dave

leefer

Loyal Member
Welcome to the forum.....and with your Devizes connections its nice to have a part Moony on board:biggrin:

All the best with your research and Happy New Year....Lee

dochines

Valued Member
welcome to the forum. Do not be too afraid of venturing into local history whilst researching your tree. names and dates are only the bones, its adding the social and local history that really makes your tree come alive

dochines