• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

new member needs kick start

Hi There

Several years ago, I started on my heritage, and advanced quite well, and I saved all I found like birth/death certificates etc.

My question is, where. should I start to see if I can go any further back, ad polish al I have, like best sites, best format etc.

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello

Welcome to the forum....most genealogy sites have something to offer. The best free site is still Family Search which has many Parish records and Free BMD

https://familysearch.org/search

Of course Ancestry has the best selection of Census, BMD, Parish and Military records. It isn't the cheapest option, but it can be used a month at a time.
FMP was a big help to me for Cambridge Parish records, that also holds Free BMD and Census, I believe it holds Parish records for Kent too.

Hope this is of some use, good luck with your search.

Amanda

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi,

We can't recommend any single pay site. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. None have a full set of records.

Various members here have subs to several sites so you could start by posting queries on the relevant boards here.

Start from some event you know is correct and try to work backwards.

Dave

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Frenchman96,

That is the fee from the GRO. Some county register office might charge less.

I can't answer your question re the tree because I have no idea where it is and how it was created.

Dave