• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

New to FHUK

From
England
hI I am new to site and hoping to break the blocked wall I seem to have hit re my (paternal) grandfather John Kelly b 1891 Liverpool. I know that he died not long after my father (Edward) was born in 1918 but am unable to track him at all. Hope I can also help others from time to time . So Hi and look forward to hearing from anyone .:)

Hi Dave , thankyou for your welcome . Yes re John's wife's name : he married Mary Murray (widowed - formerly McGinley) 9 March 1918 ( 2 weeks before Edward's birth 23 March 1918) She already had 2 children to her previous husband . They were David Murray and Rhoda Mildred Murray
Thankyou for your enquiry and offer of help , but think maybe I should find the correct forum to post this thread ? Was just trying to figure out where would be best.
Thanks
PAT

Lots of Irish and Scottish names on that research list...thats the Liverpool connection for sure!:)
Welcome to the forum and i have no doubt that you will get some help with your family.

All the best...Lee

I suggest you post as much info as you can in say the beginners help forum. I can see why you are having problems. info like siblings of John, witnesses at his wedding, age, occupation and address when he married

I have found Mary on the 1911 census with David and Rhoda, already a widow, having been married since Mar qtr 1906

dave

Back