• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

New to this and stuck already

Hi there,
I am very new to all this, i would like to trace my family tree and decided to start with my fathers side of the family first as i dont know of any of them past my grandmother, My grandfather Thomas Murphy died in Wallasey in Merseyside in around 1964 I was never told exact date or how old he was other than my dad was only 10 yrs old at the time, all i know is that they lived in gorse crescent in wallasey at the time, i know that my grandad served in the royal navy as chief petit officer for a time before transferring to the merchant navy. I know nothing of his family as my gran lost touch with them after his death. My gran Joyce Murphy nee Green was born in birkenhead on 28/9/1928 and died 1/12/1993. I know nothing of her parents either. i only know that she had 2 sisters called edna and alma, a half sister called linda and 2 half brothers called david and graham. I cant get any information from my father as we dont speak. How do i go about finding the information i need ?