• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

New Tree

Hi all,
I decided as part of my middle son christmas pressie, I would start a family history scrap book of his fathers welsh ancestors. As I divorced quite a few years ago there was no way my son's father, would help let alone converse with me. I decided to go it alone and ordered my son's grandparents marriage certificate and the marriage of the great grandparents.
Now its starts to get harder the further back I went as the main surname is JONES. Strange as it seems after spending twenty five years researching my own family tree, I found it quite refreshing researching strangers. Again funnily although to me they are strangers I found a connection to them because they are my three son's welsh ancestors. The family originate from Merthyr and Dowlais and also carmarthenshire and cardiganshire. Many were working at the Dowlais iron works and were also miners. I have enjoyed the wives family history as it took me away from the more difficult Jones surnames.

Sue Ault :eek: