• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Newbold Road Chesterfield

gibbo

Loyal Member
I have my aunties birth certificate and the place of birth states 12a Newbold Road Chesterfield. Would anyone know which hospital this was?
Many thanks

gibbo

Good Morning

I was playing with google with an address that I have an intereset in and your post came up. I am hoping that you will be able to tell me something about 12a Newbold Street, as I also have this as a birth address

Thank you Tricia Rivers

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I wonder if...

Few people realize that this small burial ground contains 6000 souls, including the last mortal remains of over 1000 people who died in the Chesterfield Union Workhouse, which of course used to be situated across from Holy Trinity Church, at 12a Newbold Road Chesterfield.

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Chesterfield/

Last edited:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Tricia,

Thank you for posting about the address.
I still have no idea what the address was such as hospital or a private residence.
I have since met my aunt, who was adopted at birth and whose natural/original birth cert. had 12A Newbold Road on it as "where born". My aunt is none the wiser neither as to whether it was a hospital or private residence. My aunt was born in 1944.
If you find out anymore about the address i would be interested to know please.