• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Newie from Australia

Lynne Ryan

Hi Lynne from Australia..town is Townsville in State of Queensland ..Ancestors from Wales ..Pembrokeshire ..Pembroke Dock ..Morris.Lewis,Morgan,James,Griffiths at this stage ..England
Way,Wilson.Hunter,Sturges,Conn .cheers Lynne

pee wee

Hi Lynne welcome to the FHUK forums.

Nice to have another Aussie join up :D I'm in Sth Aus

If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask. Just post your question on the appropriate forum & one of the lovely people here will endeavour to help you.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome again

Cheers Peta

pennywinks

And welcome from me here in sunny but windy Spain! Thank goodness for the Internet or we'd all be having trouble with our family research! Penny

Edward

Valued Member
Hi Lynne,

welcome to the forum. I have a branch of my family that emmigrated to Queensland and Lived in Cairns one of them married Eric Ernest Bergman born in Townsville.

So you never know what may turn up!

welcome to the site and enjoy the fun.

Ed

sterico

Loyal Member
Hi Lynne Welcome To The Family We Look Forward To Your Questions As Peewee Has Said We Are A Friendly Lot And Willing To Help You:) Enjoy Your Research Regards Stericoo0

Lynne Ryan

Hello again ,i was watching antiques roadshow the other night and they were at the place where the doomsday book is housed ..They mentioned a site where one could log on ,and for free find ancestors..i wasn't quick enough to get site down ..know anything about this ..Micheal Aspel went in and found his grandparents etc,,Any ideas..cheers Lynne

Edward

Valued Member
Hi Lynne,

You seem to be managing to post your replies in the right place you will get the hang of how the forum works quite quickly if you keep posting your questions. :D

If I find I that there is any information that would be useful from Cairns I will certainly ask. there is a thread about my Australian relatives

http://www.forum.familyhistory.uk.com/showthread.php?t=4190

I have found more about some of them since then.

Any suggestions as to what may be available would certainly be useful. :)

Ed

Lynne Ryan

Hi,i see there is a macdolald,or donald,talking of Cairns ,this is going back some years,we lived Herberton,just a bit west of Cairns,bought our property from a Jay Macdonald or some times he was known as just jay Donald..
he had brother named Drew,short for Andrew i believe..
ok my husband is a Ryan,related to them thru families of Web,& moffat,etc born scotland england,and ireland,also they were in NZ At times.if you have a web family connection then maybe there is a chance..will go look and get back to you if i find a connection..Jay's po address care of Herberton post office.north queensland..will post if i can get a connection for you .oh the Web family related to Cliff Richards(singer)..does this mean anything to you ..lol...cheers Lynne