• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

no can view records

anyone know why when i try to look at service records for ww1 on axxxxxy if the person lived i can see all the info,but if they were killed in action or otherwise it wont let me view ,is there a reason for this? am new to this military lark and getting a bit stuck. also is there a site to find this info out if indeed axxxxry wont let me view it.suex

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
It may just the fact that there is nothing to see, Sue. It may be a different person, or the records for the person you want have been damaged or destroyed.

I've viewed for rellies who have survived and died. My Grampy included.

What's the name and service number, I'll give them a try.:)

Steve.:)

hiya steve,here goes;
john thomas hadfeild died 19 may 1918 mesopotamia reg no 01268
joseph bradley died 11 sept 1917 france/flanders royal engineers reg no 101127.
know that john is definatly 1 of ours but not sure about joseph. also can i ask you would they be listed on our senotaph here in hartlepool.thanks again steve ,you have been a great help, i did history but it was social and economic and my knowledge of medals and war stuff is not too good so im going to have to do some reading up.on a diffrent note, are we able to view any of ww11 records yet advises on axxxy that there some but it does not seem like much . suexx

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Can't find any records except for this.

Name: Joseph Bradley
Birth Place: West Hartlepool, CO. Durham
Residence: West Hartlepool, CO. Durham
Death Date: 11 Sep 1917
Regiment: Corps of Royal Engineers
Number: 101127
Type of Casualty: Killed in action
Theatre of War: Aldershot
Comments: 225Th Field Coy., R.E.

Also there is an Alfred Bradley(enlisted 1914) who gives his wifes name as Mary Catherine Kiely, living at 22, Police terrace, Altringham Nr. Manchester.

Alfred was born in 1878, Stockton-on-tees, Co.Durham. Reg. No. 14520 - R.F.R.A 2nd.Div. Previously served in the Royal Field Artillery.
Not sure if he is one of yours though. But while I was there.......!!

Steve.:)

Braveheart

Lance/ corporal j.t.Hadfield
Royal Army Ordnance Corps
service no 0/268
died 19/05/1918
Basra war cemetery
grave ref I.J.19

is this the person you are looking for
braveheart

duckweed

Loyal Member
I have found details of one ancestor that died, it gave address of wife and where he signed on and when he died though not details of army record. On the other hand I have relatives who definitely survived and no records are available other than medal records.