• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

norwegian ancestors

I have done a lot of research on this family but have so many gaps.

I have JOHN ASKER BORN WEASENHAM IN 1819 HE MARRIED ELIZABETH ALSO BORN 1819 WELLINGHAM.

THEY HAD A DAUGHTER ELIZABETH BORN 1845 NOT SURE WHERE, BUT LIKELY WEASENHAM. ELIZABETH THE DAUGHTER MARRIED A CHARLES CHAPMAN 3RD MARCH 1866 IN WEASENHAM. THEY HAD MANY CHILDREN BUT THE ONE I AM INTERESTED IN IS GEORGE BORN 7 OCT 1880 AND DIED 11 AUG 1939 IN SOUTHGATE MIDDLESEX. HE MARRIED MARJIT ALISE HELGESEN ON 22 JUNE 1907 AT WEASENHAM ALL SAINTS.

MARJIT WAS BORN 13 MAY 1886 IN NORWAY? HER PARENTS WERE HANS JORGEN HELGESEN AND MARIE SOPHIE GUNDERSON. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FOR SURE WHERE MARJIT WAS BORN AND WHEN SHE CAME TO ENGLAND AND WHERE HER PARENTS WERE BORN. BUT HAVE DRAWN A BLANK ON ALL SEARCHES.

THEIR CHILDREN WERE NORA CHRISTINE, KATHLEEN JOGINE, OLAF CHARLES. I CANNOT FIND THEIR DATE OF BIRTH OR WHERE THEY WERE BORN.

ANNIE HELGESON IS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE FOUND A BIRTH AND DEATH DATE FOR. SHE WAS BORN 9 JUNE 1919 AND DIED 19TH SEPT 1993 IN BARNET HERTS. I HAVE FOUND THAT ANNIE MARRIED TWICE, FIRSTLY TO STANLEY JOHN RUTHERFORD(I DONT KNOW IF THEY DIVORCED OR HE DIED), THEN TO PHILLIPH RICHARD BARRY ON THE 8TH MARCH 1938 AT REGENTS PARK ROAD CHURCH END FINCHLEY. THEY HAD FOUR CHILDREN, SALLY ANN, WENDY CLAIRE, SARAH JANE, JULIA PATRICIA.

I KEEP HITTING WALLS ALL THE TIME WITH THIS FAMILY LINE, AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE.

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE NORWEGIAN CONNECTION, OR IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS REGARDING SEARCHING. MAYBE I AM LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACES AND THE WRONG WAY..

MANY THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS :)

Last edited by a moderator: