• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Not much to start with help required

Hi All
Im now trying to do my mothers tree but unfortunately there is no one now living to give me info except my mother who can no longer remember my own name most of the time so i dont have much to go on just Grandparents names
My grandparents were Annie Oldham born 24th sep 1907 died 1973 and Isaac Simmons born 18th may 1901 died 1985 they had 3 children Nellie born 1931, Terrence 1936 to 1990 and my mom Pauline born 1938, Annie and Isaac lived in sheffield southey green road and i think the parents on one side came from barnsley the only other info was a possible name for Annies father a thomas Oldham i know its not much but any help to get it going would be brill.
Regards Richard

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Richard,

The first place to start with is to get Isaac and Annies marriage certificate which will give fathers names, fathers occupation, place of residence at time of marriage. You can also try the 1911 census to find the families. Birth certificates will have the mothers maiden name.

gortonboy

Loyal Member
Civil Registration event: Birth

Name: SIMMONS, Isaac

Registration District: Barnsley

County: Yorkshire

Year of Registration: 1901

Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun

Mother's Maiden Name: Not available before 1911 Q3

Volume No: 9C

oznannie

Loyal Member
Hi everyone :)
In the census after 1901, the one we can't mention, is Annie Oldham aged 3 yrs in Ecclesall, with Annie snr 35, W.F 39, William 12, Nellie & Lilly both 8yrs.
I hope this is of help.

oznannie