• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Obituary information a success!!

gibbo

Loyal Member
I received a copy of my hubby's great grandmother obituary today. I couldnt believe how much information it had in it.

The obituary had when she had come to Australia, where she married and who, where they moved after they married, names some of the employment her husband did and then it states that they "took up land" and planted a large vineyard near Roma. It also states her brother was once Mayor of Roma.

A lot of clues to help me with my research.

gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Gibbo

What a find!! That must have made your day.

Good luck
Maddie
Hey there Maddie

Yep i was happy!!
Poor postie is a bit confused tho! We have had the same one for 10 years and usually i have a joke with him and tell him to keep my mail because they are usually bills where as now i nearly knock him off his bike to get it.

gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Besides sending me the obituary they also imformed me the great grandparents marriage is registered in 2 states, new south wales and also queensland. Apparently when they married in Drayton Swamp [which later become part of Toowoomba] the town was in New South Wales. A couple of years later the state of Queensland come about and Drayton Swamp was within the boundries of Queensland therefore their marriage was registered there as well. so it looks like when im searching for info on them i will have to search records for both states. Very confusing but also very interesting!!

gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Really pleased for you Gibbo...........can tell your chuffed......well done.
Thanks Lee

I am expecting some more info to come in this week so i hope it is full of info as well but if not no problem cant win them all.
I will have to let the postie down tho and tell him its the mail i want and not the male. [one look at me in my houseclothes and he will be thankful its the MAIL im after and not him]

gibbo

leefer

Loyal Member
Hope it turns out well...went in my Post Office for some cheap stamps....the guy said do you want a dozen seconds...................i says i got as long as you need!...

leefer

Loyal Member
A serious point here.......we all get sad days or times,it reflects in our faces..i always take time out a few times a day to smile like a cheshire cat...though i tend to look like someone with a coathanger wedged in his mouth.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
A serious point here.......we all get sad days or times,it reflects in our faces..i always take time out a few times a day to smile like a cheshire cat...though i tend to look like someone with a coathanger wedged in his mouth.

I love this Leefer.

Smiling is infectious

You catch it like the flu

When someone smiled at me today

I started smiling too

I walked around the corner

And someone saw me grin

When he smiled I realised

I had passed it on to him

I thought about the smile

And then realised its worth

A single smile like mine