• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

oh sorry all

sue ault

I have to admit I am not very technical and I dont always notice things when I should. Have I got this right ?

It appears I have posted 115 posts and it says thanks 4, does this mean I have only thanked 4 people for their help. If this is so then im sorry and to everyone who has helped or tried to help me, then Thank you.

sue :eek:

josie7644

Valued Member
I have to admit I am not very technical and I dont always notice things when I should. Have I got this right ?

It appears I have posted 115 posts and it says thanks 4, does this mean I have only thanked 4 people for their help. If this is so then im sorry and to everyone who has helped or tried to help me, then Thank you.

sue :eek:

Hi Sue,

It just means that you have hit the "Thanks" button 4 times (See bottom right of the writing pane.)! When you say "Thank You" in your post, it doesn't show up!

I know exactly what you mean! I've thanked people lots of times, but looking at the stats, it sounds as though I am really ungrateful, so don't worry about it!

:) Josie

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello Sue,

The 'thumbsup' button is a recent addition so you are never going to catch up so don't worry as Josie says.

I don't use that button much. I prefer to see at the right of the screen who was the last poster. :)