• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

One of those days.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
You know the feeling......you find something that's been a bit of a mystery. In my case it was a marriage between a Martha King and a Thomas Honnor.

Hedgerley, Buckinghamshire. 26 Jun 1753.
Martha King of Bucknell, Oxfordshire. Thomas Honnor, Farmer of Great Missenden. by Licence.

The Marriage Bond/Licence confirms ages at time of marriage.

Found Martha Kings, 11th May 1730 baptism(d.o.b 3rd May) in Bucknell to Richard & Mary King, but no sign of a baptism for Thomas Honnor, even though the kiddies are baptised at Gt. Missenden.

Thomas(d1783), & Martha(d1795) were buried at Gt. Missenden.....no age given. No Will or Probate in the Bucks Archives. So the burials are a bit of an educated guess, but no others come close to being correct.

I guess I shouldn't be such a whinging Pom really, but some days I want to whinge.:2fun::2fun:

Steve.:)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Just to top off this whinge, his son Henry Honnor, dies 14th May 1841, so he was a few weeks away from being in the 1841 census.

How inconsiderate was he.:mad::2fun::2fun:

Oh well, at least I get to buy a death cert, and a Will. :rolleyes:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Your not alone Steve. 3rd great grandparents married not long before civil registration. If they had waited a couple of months I'ld know who Williams father was. :)

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
.............and, Richard King, marries a Mary Smith in 1726. Oxford. He dies in 1746 in Bucnkell, no age given. And Mary Smith's p.o.b......who knows, the same goes for her death/burial....they're not in Bucknell.:eek:

So......Mary Smith, and Mary King, are not exactly thin on the ground for baptisms or burials.:mad:

You right Julie, some folks are so inconsiderate.:2fun:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
I have a James Smith who died in March 1849 and was not born in Oxfordshire according to 1841. If he had died in April 1851 I could have got his birthplace.

One London ancestor died in Feb 1851 and she said she was not born in Middlesex (which London was in) in the 1841 census.

Thomas Honnor did have the honour to leave a will in 1783. Timothy and Joseph his sons.