• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Opening BMD certs are like opening exam results.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Ben,
Yep i love opening them and seeing what on it. I was disappointed today tho as i had ordered a CD and thought there would be a lot of info on it about the Downs and Gibson's families as well as pics of them. All i got for my money was a CD with one pic of William Downs on it and nothing else:mad: :mad: Probably my own fault i should have asked more pacific questions about what on it instead of asuming things. Live and learn i supose:rolleyes:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Right one.

Jane Clift widow of George Clift a bootmaker died 7 June 1926 of myocardial degeneration and pneumonia aged 77. G Clift, son was the informant.

duckweed

Loyal Member
Its a mixture of emotions I think when you get a certificate, a bit like an award ceremony. I remember getting the certificate of my husbands uncle. It was very moving as he died at the age of 4 from TB, just 2 weeks before my husbands father was born. What a turmoil of emotions that must have been but it explained a lot of how his grandfather was so determined to get his sons well qualified and out of the slums.

spooky, im picking a certif up from our registry office today that will hopefully get me past a massive brick wall. hubbys g grandpa george webb, man of mystery and his wife ? jane. their daughter ellendean was the only child born here in hartlepool in 1901 the rest born all over the country, this family are a research nightmare, until they moved to hartlepool.so today maybe my lucky day, or knowing this lot lead to another set of mysterys to solve , watch this space for posts re the webbs :2fun: ah the thrill of the chase.suexx

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
I sliced open the envelope of what was going to be the end to my biggest brick wall, which was the birth cert of Gt.Granny Sarah Angelina Ruth Allen 1854, and reveal the fathers name.
And the result was no father named.
But at least I got the mothers name, but absolutely no chance of going back further with Sarah Allens paternal line.

Overjoyed and slapped down, all in one cert.:biggrin:

Steve.:)