• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

paper shredder

gibbo

From
Australia
With all the info i have collected over the past 12 months whilst doing this family research i had a huge amount of paper that i would not have liked to have thrown in the garbage with it having peoples names, addresses and dates of birth etc on them. Even tho these people have passed on i often wondered if it would be a ideal treasure chest for someone if they wanted to make a false I.D. I invested in a paper shredder to destroy the papers that i didnt want anymore. I have no kids on my hands anymore and still young enough to be out enjoying myself yet i was home on a Friday night shredding paper and i was actually having fun. I need to get a life!!!::D
gibbo

:) :) well I use a shredder too - not necessarily on a Friday night though,:eek: but hey who knows it may start a new trend.

Be careful what you shred though. You just might enjoy it too much.
I shread all the time before it builds up too much. Then it goes in my composter.
Let them sort through it then, if they want my families details.:biggrin:

Steve.:)

yeah now that i have the shredder i am going to have shred before it builds up to much. I worked it hard the other night and the automatic overload stopped the machine. I finally read the instruction booklet and it cuts out for 20 minutes after it has been going continuous for a bit. I used that 20 minutes to my advantage and had a pit stop to gather some food and drink as i knew i was going to be there a while longer yet!!. that is a good idea using the shredded stuff as compost, i never gave that a thought:D
gibbo

yeah now that i have the shredder i am going to have shred before it builds up to much. I worked it hard the other night and the automatic overload stopped the machine. I finally read the instruction booklet and it cuts out for 20 minutes after it has been going continuous for a bit. I used that 20 minutes to my advantage and had a pit stop to gather some food and drink as i knew i was going to be there a while longer yet!!. that is a good idea using the shredded stuff as compost, i never gave that a thought:D
gibbo

If you have dogs Gibbo, give it them to play with. My boys seem to do a good job, but always on stuff that I want.
Saves on electric, just need to sweep it up.:biggrin: :2fun:

My ancestors would have loved to have shredders!!! and washing machines, mobile phones, microwaves and television and decent loo paper. Wow, if they had shredders they may have had a loo paper shortage!
I am going to do paper mache with the grandkids and use my shredded paper.
gibbo

My ancestors would have loved to have shredders!!! and washing machines, mobile phones, microwaves and television and decent loo paper. Wow, if they had shredders they may have had a loo paper shortage!
I am going to do paper mache with the grandkids and use my shredded paper.
gibbo

I don't think your grandkids would like being turned into papier mache'.:biggrin: :biggrin:
Good job there were no shredders when you were a kid, I'd hate to think what you would've got up to. Wallpaper in, exam papers in, test cards in, homework in.:biggrin: :biggrin: :2fun:

Yeah, great little machines. I wonder if they work on cabbages etc. Coleslaw comes to mind.:biggrin:
I have got to try that. Watch this space.>:D

Yeah, great little machines. I wonder if they work on cabbages etc. Coleslaw comes to mind.:biggrin:
I have got to try that. Watch this space.>:D

Steve.:)[/QUOTE]

Hey Steve

You just reminded of my "food processor" I used about ten years ago to make coleslaw. Well it was an absolute disaster with cabbage and carrot covering most of the kitchen counter and floor.
I wonder how well my processor will go with shredding paper>:D >:D >:D

cheers
cp

Hi

Ok, so everyone has had fun with a shredder!!! Just goes to show i have been missing out on something for years, i would have bought one earlier if i knew how much a person could do with them.
Next Friday night will be about my new printer and havent i got plenty to say about that one :mad:
i really do need to get a life:D
gibbo

Hi

Ok, so everyone has had fun with a shredder!!! Just goes to show i have been missing out on something for years, i would have bought one earlier if i knew how much a person could do with them.
Next Friday night will be about my new printer and havent i got plenty to say about that one :mad:
i really do need to get a life:D
gibbo

Still on the subject of shredders, have you tried a petrol flymow. WOWEE.

Mulch the lawn.

No Gibbo, it goes to show you're not alone, not "missing out".

Please don't go there with printers, please no. Aaaaaargh.

Hi Steve
No i havent tried a petrol flymow. I have been put on restriction on what i can touch and not touch. My hubby's sense of humour only goes so far and after i totally wrecked a vacuum cleaner, a toilet and a few other small things i am limited on what i can touch. My son did the lawn mower for him and it took hubby hours to put it back together again but at least it was fixable.:)
I think that is why hubby thinks this family research is good for me because i leave his stuff alone.
gibbo

Hi Steve
No i havent tried a petrol flymow. I have been put on restriction on what i can touch and not touch. My hubby's sense of humour only goes so far and after i totally wrecked a vacuum cleaner, a toilet and a few other small things i am limited on what i can touch. My son did the lawn mower for him and it took hubby hours to put it back together again but at least it was fixable.:)
I think that is why hubby thinks this family research is good for me because i leave his stuff alone.
gibbo

What a spoil sport. I'm not going to ask about the toilet. Glad your son takes after you, at least you keep your hubby's DIY skills polished.:biggrin: :biggrin:

With all the info i have collected over the past 12 months whilst doing this family research i had a huge amount of paper that i would not have liked to have thrown in the garbage with it having peoples names, addresses and dates of birth etc on them. Even tho these people have passed on i often wondered if it would be a ideal treasure chest for someone if they wanted to make a false I.D. I invested in a paper shredder to destroy the papers that i didnt want anymore. I have no kids on my hands anymore and still young enough to be out enjoying myself yet i was home on a Friday night shredding paper and i was actually having fun. I need to get a life!!!::D
gibbo

NAME: Paper Shredder
D.O.B: 20 April 2009
D.O.D 23 July 2009

YES i broke it!

gibbo

NAME: Paper Shredder
D.O.B: 20 April 2009
D.O.D 23 July 2009

YES i broke it!

gibbo

Oh my god Gibbo. What is it with you and appliances.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Are you sure it has died. My shredder has a 'cut out' if it is overloaded.
Make sure it's(shredder) not in a coma before you bury it.

Oh my god Gibbo. What is it with you and appliances.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Are you sure it has died. My shredder has a 'cut out' if it is overloaded.
Make sure it's(shredder) not in a coma before you bury it.

Hey there Steve,

Definately no coma this time:'( I did CPR gave it a hit of electric current and nothing. I waited the required time and did CPR again and another hit of electric current and all it did was stink of melting plastic. I called it time at 6.25pm. R.I.P my dear paper shredder.

Gibbo

Hi Gibbo
Just imagine what would have happened to Robert Reubin's will if they had had shredders.
His second wife hid the will when he died because he had left his first son Walter some money. It was later found in the privy, being used as paper!!
Recycling eh!!
Maddie

Hi Gibbo
It is not just you I have had a problem with shredders. My late husband bought an expensive on, which died a death with me . So I went out and bought a cheap one and I still have it. They do not like overload though.
Maddie

Hey there Steve,

Definately no coma this time:'( I did CPR gave it a hit of electric current and nothing. I waited the required time and did CPR again and another hit of electric current and all it did was stink of melting plastic. I called it time at 6.25pm. R.I.P my dear paper shredder.

Gibbo

Hey Gibbo, why not invest in a garden shredder. Heavy duty. I don't think you'd kill one of those.

But then again................................????????

Hey Gibbo, why not invest in a garden shredder. Heavy duty. I don't think you'd kill one of those.

But then again................................????????

Oh Steve,
Its only 6am here and im still half asleep and in mourning still and your taking the mickey out of me already:2fun:
seriously tho i dont know what i do with things, they seem to just stop working. There can be 20 of the same item in the same shop and you can bet the one i get will be the one to.................itself. Usually when they stop working, is where i usually get myself into trouble cause i pull them apart and try and fix'em and then there totally wreaked but i have been banned from doing that so the shredder even tho its not working it is still in one piece, i havent pulled it apart. As it is only 3 months old im taking it back, they might replace it.

gibbo

Back