• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Parents Of Annie Neele

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
HI FRIENDS

I am trying to find out who the parents of ANNIE NEELE are. She was born in Wytham in 1979 and Died in Binsey in june 1914, she was maried to Frederick William Bustin (my grandfather).

Any help as always will be appreciated,

Thank you

Gwen

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gwenyth

The only marriage I can find for a Frederick W Bustin is in June Quarter 1911 in Northampton. Possible spouses Marion Jackson and Clara E Shute.

Ben

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Could this be her birth under Neale instead of Neele?

Ann Neale 1878 Jul-Aug-Sep Abingdon Berkshire, Oxfordshire 2c 310

I found an Ann Neale born in Cumnor Berkshire in the 1891 census daughter of John and Ellen. Wytham is only about 4 miles from Cumnor.

When was Frederick born?

Having dug more, here is a possible marriage. The ref number appears to have been mistranscribed

Sep 1900 Quarter Bustin Frederick James Abingdon 2c 6[09]2
Sep 1900 Quarter Neale Annie Abingdon 2c 602

The entry for Frederick looks as if it says 602 but someone questions as to whether the 2 is a 9 or not. I think that is the correct marriage though. The 602 has to be the right page number as opposed to 6(09)2. Someone put a 9 in brackets during transcribing as they though t the 2 was a 9.

Ben

Last edited:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gwen

I think Annie is found.

Frederick Bustin is on the 1901 census aged 24 in St Thomas, Oxfordshire, a Railway Porter, born Kings Weir, Oxon, with wife Annie aged 22, born in Berks, Cumnor.

The 1891 census details for Annie are:-

Residence Botley Pound, Cumnor, Berkshire

John Neale, Head, aged 58, Male, General Labourer, born Berks, Cumnor
Ellen Neale, Wife, aged 52, born Hants Colemere.
Ann Neale, aged 12, a scholar, born Berks Cumnor
John Neale, Son, aged 9, a Scholar, born Berks, Cumnor
Ellen Neale, aged 6, Scholar, born berks, Cumnor

Ben

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Could this be her birth under Neale instead of Neele?

Ann Neale 1878 Jul-Aug-Sep Abingdon Berkshire, Oxfordshire 2c 310

I found an Ann Neale born in Cumnor Berkshire in the 1891 census daughter of John and Ellen. Wytham is only about 4 miles from Cumnor.

When was Frederick born?

Having dug more, here is a possible marriage. The ref number appears to have been mistranscribed

Sep 1900 Quarter Bustin Frederick James Abingdon 2c 6[09]2
Sep 1900 Quarter Neale Annie Abingdon 2c 602

The entry for Frederick looks as if it says 602 but someone questions as to whether the 2 is a 9 or not. I think that is the correct marriage though. The 602 has to be the right page number as opposed to 6(09)2. Someone put a 9 in brackets during transcribing as they though t the 2 was a 9.

Ben
Hi Ben

Thankyou so much, Your career in brick wall demolition is asured,:2fun: I have been searching for annie and the name of her parents with no luck, Fred was not as on my fathers birth cirt. Frederick William Bustin but FRERICK JAMES BUSTIN born 1876, I have now sent for his marriage cert. to get the name of Annies father but I am sure she is the one you so very kindly found so a big THANKYOU

Gwen :)

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gwen

Yes I am glad to help you in your family tree searching. I like to ut flesh on the bones rather than just basic info such as 3xgreat grandfather Roberts was born in 1813 in Kent, died in 1889 in London. I like to chart their history to a T rather than just collect basic info.

Ben