• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Parish Record look up please - Manchester

I have a marriage certificate for John Procter joiners mechanic and Sarah Ann Firth garment maker marriage 4/11/1895 at the Parish Church of St Gabriel Hulme Manchester. Folio number is 8C 1073. Both aged 25. (born 1870)
Ernest and Ellen Morpeth witnessed the marriage and I can establish that Ellen Morperth is formerly Ellen Firth - Sarah's sister, daughter of Charles Firth and Mary Birtwistle. Reverend was N W Weir, rector.
My problem is - on census records and also family knowledge and gravestone inscription, the names on the marriage cert could be wrong.
My great grandparents were John EDWARD ProctER and Sarah JANE Firth. As this is the only marriage that fits these two, can someone please help me with the parish record in case any transcription errors have occured. The ages are also incorrect according to all my records- Sarah Jane Firth born Birstall Yorkshire Sept 1870 and John Edward Procter born 1868 Manchester (not 1870). He remained consistant with his DOB all through census records including 1911, so pretty sure of this date. I am knew to this and going around in circles trying to look at Parish registers
Thanks in advance for your time
Karen