• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Parish Records

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
HI FRIENDS

Can anyone tell me if parish records are available or Essex, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire as I have bought credits for FMP but everytime I look for ancesters in these counties I cant get of the request page after entering their details, am I doing something wrong,

Gwen :)

gwenythgreen

Valued Member

Hi all

Thanks for all the links,
It looks as though Taynton Glos/Oxon and Finchingfield Essex are not transcribed yet, or perhaps I am not using the links right, I am going to send for some marriage certs for Finchingfield relies(hope I have got the right ones, it gets difficult when 2 people with the names are born in the same village called George Chapman in 1846,) and then it appears he married Jane Chapman (maiden name I think,)in 1868 both fathers if I have the right George called William one born 1810 one born 1817 both from Finchingfield

Gwen :confused: :biggrin:

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Gwen

Some records for the Independent Church in Finchingfield have been transcribed on the IGI and there are a few Chapman baptisms but no William Chapmans.

Ben

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Hi Gwen

Some records for the Independent Church in Finchingfield have been transcribed on the IGI and there are a few Chapman baptisms but no William Chapmans.

Ben
Hi Ben,

I am going to send for the marriage cert for George and Jane at least I should get An Idea of their Dads names to make sure I have that part right,

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi

They do need to release more Essex PRs on the internet as this will answer a lot of queries and brickwalls in our Essex trees.

Ben

gwenythgreen

Valued Member
Hi

They do need to release more Essex PRs on the internet as this will answer a lot of queries and brickwalls in our Essex trees.

Ben
Hi Ben,

I have had some more hints re George Chapman that have looked right re his dad and Grandad that I have added them, (I have to be carefull with the pennies, carers allowace doesn't go far) so cant send for to many certificates,That is why I appreciate the help you and others give me.