• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Parish register entries for Andover, Hants

Census and Will information indicates that a John Jermy, Tallow Chandler, had sons William and John Jermy born to him in Andover, Hants in the late 1790s. Any details concerning same (or the elder John's marriage) would be much appreciated. Thanks oldtimer

Kinshar

Can not find a marriage but from details below her name was Elizabeth

Extract from http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tripartite/jermy-larnerfamily.htm

John Jermy, Tallow Chandler of Andover, whose Will, written 11 July 1818, was proved at the court of the Arch Winchester 4 Aug 1826 (estate value less than £100). In it, he refers to his wife Elizabeth and sons John and William Jermy. All was left to his wife Elizabeth for life and then to their four children: William Jermy (of Paradise Street, Finsbury Square, London), John Jermy, the Weaver of Reading, unmarried Sarah Jermy and her married sister Ann Rodd, both seemingly still in Andover.

Last edited:
The Tallow Chandler data was familiar to me and when I noted your source I knew why - that's my own website (on various genealogies)! Its the associated parish register detail I'm seeking (to augment the above) and one can only hope someone in or near Andover can find and post same. Thanks again for trying.

Oldtimer