• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Parsons family life

My father's maternal grandmother was born mary parsons and she was born in Stoke Edith which is in herefordshire. I have found it quite interesting tracing her family back through the censuses. I have also visited Stoke Edith and Ashperton where she spent her childhood. They are really pretty with lovely churches. I have not had much luck finding graves but the family were not well off so probably have'nt got headstones (although i did find one for a William parsons)
Is it possible to find out more information about their lives?
On the censuses, the men were mainly farm labourers but i would love to learn more about them. Mary's family lived at Heywood cottages in Ashperton for quite a few years. Her father was Thomas Parsons who was born about 1836 and her mother was called maria ( which is uncanny as I named my eldest daughter, maria 24 years ago)
It's exciting when you discover names of ancestors, but to also discover the kind of lives they lived is even more exciting.:D

Jo_07

Thanks for the information about parson graves.
My computer isn't working and so i have had to come to the library.
Jo