• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Parsons family life

My father's maternal grandmother was born mary parsons and she was born in Stoke Edith which is in herefordshire. I have found it quite interesting tracing her family back through the censuses. I have also visited Stoke Edith and Ashperton where she spent her childhood. They are really pretty with lovely churches. I have not had much luck finding graves but the family were not well off so probably have'nt got headstones (although i did find one for a William parsons)
Is it possible to find out more information about their lives?
On the censuses, the men were mainly farm labourers but i would love to learn more about them. Mary's family lived at Heywood cottages in Ashperton for quite a few years. Her father was Thomas Parsons who was born about 1836 and her mother was called maria ( which is uncanny as I named my eldest daughter, maria 24 years ago)
It's exciting when you discover names of ancestors, but to also discover the kind of lives they lived is even more exciting.:D