• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Passing on family photos

gibbo

Loyal Member
When my late mother in law passed away 3 years ago we ended up with her personal affects such as photo albums etc at our place. I kept and packed the albums away.

The other day i had been contacted by a niece, the daughter of my late brother in law asking if anyone knew what happened to the photo albums as she was hoping there were some photos of her late father in them.

YES i have heaps so going to be busy scanning and putting them on a disc for her. Glad i kept them albums :biggrin: She will have some photos of her late father now:)

woodlander

Valued Member
Hope they're better than the ones I inherited Gibbo, in that they're named and dated. I was frustratedly bemoaning unknown faces in intriguing old photos I'd been given (still do) when I found most of my own weren't identified for any future reference - because I knew them all myself. The pen had to come out for a couple of hours :eek: :)

Pleased for your niece, good for her to treasure :)

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Woody

Some have names and others dont. We did manage to get the names of a few more from a elderly family member but she didnt know them all. There is no one else who is still alive who would know so i guess they will remain nameless:(

I had another brother in law who passed away about 40 years ago, i never met him. My mother in law at times tho would still go mad about her late sons will as he never married or had kids but left his estate to someone outside the family. I found a copy of his will today amongst some papers. He left everything to his god daughter:biggrin: He knew what he was doing.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DaveHam9 Scottish Genealogy Roots 12
DaveHam9 1871 Census Request 3
DaveHam9 Travel and Migration 5
M Scottish Genealogy Roots 18
E Deaths 2
stevegraham85 FHUK General Chat Room 17