• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Passports

gibbo

Loyal Member
Today i ordered for the first time my own full birth certificate and a marriage cert:eek: Never had either before, always got by with a birth extract and a certificate of marriage:rolleyes:
With the birth extract i have gotten a drivers licence and got married etc and with the certificate of marriage, for 27 years i have used it for ID at banks etc all these years:rolleyes:
But now after all this time im getting them:rolleyes: the passport lot werent as obliging as the other places:2fun::2fun:
Must admit it will be cool to see a full birth cert. for me. Hope there arent any surprises on it:eek::2fun::2fun:

Today i ordered for the first time my own full birth certificate and a marriage cert:eek: Never had either before, always got by with a birth extract and a certificate of marriage:rolleyes:
With the birth extract i have gotten a drivers licence and got married etc and with the certificate of marriage, for 27 years i have used it for ID at banks etc all these years:rolleyes:
But now after all this time im getting them:rolleyes: the passport lot werent as obliging as the other places:2fun::2fun:
Must admit it will be cool to see a full birth cert. for me. Hope there arent any surprises on it:eek::2fun::2fun:
.............................................................​

You never Know about surprises, you might be younger or FAR OLDER than you think, and ready for the pension . :2fun::2fun:
Oz>:D

gibbo

Loyal Member
.............................................................​

You never Know about surprises, you might be younger or FAR OLDER than you think, and ready for the pension . :2fun::2fun:

Judging by the passport photos it would be older:rolleyes:
It will be good to get the address of where we lived when i was born. I remember the place still as i was about 4 when we left there but i can never remember the name of the farm. Dad worked for the fella who owned the farm and we lived in what we called a mud house on the property until mum and dad bought their own farm.
I still remember when they built a in ground cement tank on the property and i fell in it:eek: no water had been put in it at the time and i didnt get hurt much.
Also remember standing in a ants nest:2fun::2fun: I just stood there screaming and mum had to come and rescue me. Got bit a few times with that one:rolleyes: Also remember talking dads ears off in the meat house while i watched him cut the meat up.
Ok that was my trip down memory lane:rolleyes:

Judging by the passport photos it would be older:rolleyes:
It will be good to get the address of where we lived when i was born. I remember the place still as i was about 4 when we left there but i can never remember the name of the farm. Dad worked for the fella who owned the farm and we lived in what we called a mud house on the property until mum and dad bought their own farm.
I still remember when they built a in ground cement tank on the property and i fell in it:eek: no water had been put in it at the time and i didnt get hurt much.
Also remember standing in a ants nest:2fun::2fun: I just stood there screaming and mum had to come and rescue me. Got bit a few times with that one:rolleyes: Also remember talking dads ears off in the meat house while i watched him cut the meat up.
Ok that was my trip down memory lane:rolleyes:
Sounds like a very very long time ago.:2fun::2fun::2fun:

I remember in Victoria they had just tarred the road when i was about 4 yrs old and i went and played in it, should have seen me, parents had to wash me off with kero. >:D

gibbo

Loyal Member
Sounds like a very very long time ago.:2fun::2fun::2fun:

I remember in Victoria they had just tarred the road when i was about 4 yrs old and i went and played in it, should have seen me, parents had to wash me off with kero. >:D

Now that sounds like a really long long time ago. You lucky you didnt run over by horse and cart:eek::2fun::2fun:

My mother ordered hers and found to her surprise her father's occupation was down as sock knitter. As far as she knew he was a quarryman and a gardener.

During the depression when she was born he had borrowed a knitting machine and knitted mens socks and hawked them around to earn some money. He was a very resourceful man.

My mother ordered hers and found to her surprise her father's occupation was down as sock knitter. As far as she knew he was a quarryman and a gardener.

During the depression when she was born he had borrowed a knitting machine and knitted mens socks and hawked them around to earn some money. He was a very resourceful man.
Did that help him with getting a passport?. >:D:2fun:

leefer

Loyal Member

Made i chuckle:biggrin:

Gibbo......will be good to see your birth cert,always nice to look at even with no suprises.
Donnami and i had to go to Australia House in London to get hers two years back as she was still getting a dual passport because of her birth in Australia.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Made i chuckle:biggrin:

Gibbo......will be good to see your birth cert,always nice to look at even with no suprises.
Donnami and i had to go to Australia House in London to get hers two years back as she was still getting a dual passport because of her birth in Australia.
Hi Lee.

It will be good to see it, i just never bothered getting it before as i have always gotten by with what i had:rolleyes: Its delayed my getting the passport for another 3 weeks but at least its all on a roll now. Cant say i like my passport photo tho:eek: Never liked my drivers licence photo but after the passport one the licence one seems alright now:2fun::2fun:

joaning

Loyal Member
I have never had a passport, or a full birth certificate. I haven't needed one so far. I am not that thrilled with my drivers licence photo, as the person who was taking it said, "don't smile". but i live with it.:rolleyes:
I almost told him it wasn't a mug shot!!

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I'll need my 4th passport soon. So expensive now, but not as expensive as a round trip ticket between Bangkok and Sydney. Embassy in Thailand refused to accept two old passports as photo ID so they forced me to return to Australia to renew my passport. I was really annoyed when the office in Sydney accepted the old passports. :mad:

I'll need my 4th passport soon. So expensive now, but not as expensive as a round trip ticket between Bangkok and Sydney. Embassy in Thailand refused to accept two old passports as photo ID so they forced me to return to Australia to renew my passport. I was really annoyed when the office in Sydney accepted the old passports. :mad:
That would have expensive then Dave.:mad:

Oz

gibbo

Loyal Member
Got my marriage cert. yesterday in the mail. I hadnt put my mother's maiden name on it:rolleyes:
Wonder if that will be one of them problems we have if future generations try to trace the family:2fun::2fun: And it would be my fault:eek:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Sometimes I wonder why I'm working on my tree. :D

I don't know anyone in the family who is in the slightest bit interested in carrying on the work. :eek:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Sometimes I wonder why I'm working on my tree. :D

I don't know anyone in the family who is in the slightest bit interested in carrying on the work. :eek:

None of mine could care less about it. At first they took a bit of notice at least but now .... But im glad i have/am doing it cause one of the good things to come out of it is all the great people i have met.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B FHUK General Chat Room 7