• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Paul Francis St Julien South Carolina

Kempy

Just as the title - I'm after information on Paul Francis St Julien - I believe there are two - an older and a younger, but info on either is handy!

From other information I've gleaned from the web and other people asking in other forums - the younger was born around 1860 and came to the UK - though I don't know when or what ship and married in 1883 to Emma Louise Dennison with whom he had several children and died in 1912.

He was born in Charleston in South Carolina as was his father who was apparently also called Paul Francis St Julien who was born around 1835 - but this is where I'm drawing a blank - I've found nothing about him or where he came from or who he married.

I'm unfamiliar with trying to seek out American information or how it's organised so not really sure where I should be looking?! Any help/info would be gratefully received!

Thank you!

gibbo

Loyal Member
the younger was born around 1860 and came to the UK - though I don't know when or what ship and married in 1883 to Emma Louise Dennison with whom he had several children and died in 1912.
Name: Paul F St Julien
Event Type: Death
Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
Registration Year: 1912
Registration District: Easington
County: Durham
Event Place: Easington, Durham, England
Age (available after 1866): 77
Birth Year (Estimated): 1835

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2NT4-RC5

Then there is this

Free bmd
Deaths Sep 1912
ST JULIEN Paul F age 48 Easington 10a 398

Last edited:

gibbo

Loyal Member
Marriage for Paul jnr

Name: Paul Frances St.Julian
Birth Date: 1861
Spouse's Name: Emma Louisa Dennison
Spouse's Birth Date: 1865
Spouse's Age: 18
Event Date: 12 Sep 1883
Event Place: Westoe, Durham, England
Father's Name: Paul Frances St.Julian
Spouse's Father's Name: Thomas Dennison
Marital Status: Single
Spouse's Marital Status: Single

gibbo

Loyal Member
Have you seen this?

"He was training to be a chemist when he ran away to sea. He married my greatgrandmother in 1883 in South Shields, England, and still worked in the Merchant Navy. He had 2 sisters, Mary and Sylvia, and 2 brothers, one died on the railroad, the other died in a riding accident. His father is stated as Paul Francis St.Julien, bookkeeper, on the marriage certificate"

http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.a...ortham.usa.states.maryland.counties.frederick