• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Pennsylvania Marriage Card Dockets. Info packed.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
The Pilot site has just released 1885 onwards marriage records for Pennsylvania and I found the entries for my relatives.

Margaret Musgrave born 1 March 1868 wed Thomas Prosser in September 1889 in Carnegie, Alleghney, PA. Although she was really born 1 March 1871 and must have added 3 years to her age to appear over 21. Clever lass. She is the one who is the sister of my great, great grandfather George Musgrave whose father Thomas emigrated to Penna, USA in 1886 with Margaret.

Thomas's eldest child Elizabeth Musgrave had wed Robert Wilson in 1870 in Durham England and he died c1885 and when she remarried in 1887 the index card says she was born 23 April 185(2 or 7) but she was born 1852 deffo and if it says 7 it is 5 years out.

Thomas Musgraves grandson Thomas William Wilson wed in Allegheny, Pennsylvania in 1895 and gave his DOB as 16 May 1873. He was born 16 May 1872 son of Robert and Elizabeth Wilson nee Musgrave in Durham.

Good to put more flesh on the bones. Now just find the death of my 3xgreat grampy Thomas Musgrave in Penna.