• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Peter Eaton

emeltee

Loyal Member
Peter Eaton was baptised in Great Budworth, Cheshire in 1698. In 1723 he married Francis Emson in Great Budworth and they had a son Thomas born 1724 abode Over Whitley who unfortunately died 1731 abode Stretton.

Mother Frances died, possibly in childbirth, in 1727

Peter has two daughters, abode Stretton, Mary in 1736 and Frances in 1739.

In 1757 daughter Frances marries William Hill in Prescot, Lancs and all their children are born Cuerdley and baptised St Luke, Farnworth near Prescot.

I cannot find a death in the Great Budworth area for father Peter Eaton but have found a burial in 1764, Farnworth near Prescot, of a Peter Eaton of Cuerdley. This leads me to believe that Peter moved his family to the Cuerdley area, hence Frances' marriage in the area.

Following the death of his wife Frances in 1727 Peter must have married again as neither Mary (1736) or Frances (1739) are noted as illegitimate. I have been unable to find a second marriage for Peter so have no idea who the mother of Mary and Frances is. However there is an Elizabeth Eaton who died 1743 in Farnworth near Prescot, who was buried, for whatever reason, in Great Budworth and I am thinking that this may possibly be Peter's second wife. I can't find a marriage, can anyone help?

Hope you all kept track of that, I have rambled a bit.

Thanks,

Emeltee