• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Phoebe Cockayne

romany rose

Valued Member
need info on the above lady she was bc 1795 poss in Shuttle mothers maiden name poss Smith.
I know that she died 1846 and is buried at St Martins church Osmaston and that she married William Webberley in 1816 in Derbyshire at Kirk Ireton
Phoebe and William had a daughter called Phoebe and she has recently been a subject on another thread of mine
I have the Webberley tree but need to know about the Cockayne side of the family
thankyou for reading this thread

leefer

Loyal Member
Hi...almost sure your Phoebe was born in Little Eaton near Notts in 1795....PM sent to you.

http://lib.byu.edu/mormonmigration/person.php?id=11633

I dont know if this link is anyway linked to your Cockaynes(a few generations on) but just in case later on down the line you get some info it maybe worth bearing in mind.

I hope you get your info....i am sure some other members may get you some info.

Lee

romany rose

Valued Member
Hello Lee
Thanks for the pm ,Mike is a family member in California,but not directly linked.
I haven`t come across this Phoebe on the Morman site and will store the info for any future ref
Has for the morman site I had never heard of it.soooooooooo have spend the last 2 hrs looking at my surname of Higton/Gould they were one of the first trail
God bless people like you .cos without you Angels wouldnt be given wings
thankyou