• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

photos of house in Keyworth

gibbo

Loyal Member
I would dearly love a photo of the house where my grandmother lived and worked when she had my father. I have written to the historical society, the local library etc etc etc for Keyworth and no one seems to have a picture. I even wrote to the now owner explaining why i wanted a picture and that i didnt want anything in the picture of his personal self just a photo of the front of the house and i havent heard back from him. I tried street view but can only get a areial view. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
gibbo

leefer

Loyal Member
Gibbo...if no luck online will endeavour to get you a photo myself...i drive for a living so go to Nottingham alot...as for your medical records you havnt much chance...they are very strict,ive tried and failed.

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Leefer,
Thank you so much!!! I never knew my grandmother[besides a few letters and a couple of phone calls when i was little] and when i started this family research i thought a few names and dates would be enough but it has me sucked in and now i want to know every little detail. I have found a few skeletons in the closet along the way which i think keeps me baited and wanting to know more again. I didnt think the medical records would be easy, i was told i had CFS about 8 years ago and i was hoping i might have some luck with my grandmothers medical records to see if there was any hint of some inherited family illness which might be of some help with me.
I will wait to hear from you about the photo and again many thanks
gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi
Firstly thank you to everyone who replied. I did see the value of Fairfield when i was trying to find a picture of it ages ago. It would be a whole different family history if my grandmother had owned it!!!! For those who asked, Keyworth is in Nottinghamshire. thanks again:)
gibbo

gibbo

Loyal Member
Hi Julie,
Thank you so much. It is huge!! I have been waiting for ages to see what it looked like. The would be some memories there thats for sure. The fellow who owned it when my grandmother worked there appears to be my grandfather so if the walls could talk?????
gibbo