• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Please Help

My birth in oxford was not registered, so how do I get a birth certificate?
im totally helpless as everything i wanted to do connects to my BC, mother died 15 years ago and i never met my father.

thank you.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi Davies,

Are you absolutely sure it wasnt registered! It may have been a late registration and not registered in Oxford. Have you looked through the birth register? If you would like me to have a look post your details via pm (private messaging) to me, just click on my username and and a box will come up saying would you like to send a private message to-------.

pejay

Valued Member
Hi davies & welcome to the site, yes I agree how definate are you about not been registered? what makes you think that? what info do you have on your parents? we can always work back from them. :)

Hi Davies,

Are you absolutely sure it wasnt registered! It may have been a late registration and not registered in Oxford. Have you looked through the birth register? If you would like me to have a look post your details via pm (private messaging) to me, just click on my username and and a box will come up saying would you like to send a private message to-------.
yes i am absolutely sure, i have posted my details through an offline message to you.

thank you.

hi Juliejtp/Pejay

i have been trying to use the pm but i got the following error messages:

Davies, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

pls help as i do not want to post my details in the public forum.

thanks

the people i lived with are my mother's family friend, told me that mother died August 13,1989,10, Old High Street, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 9HN, they have since moved, as i didnt have a stable childhood days.

i would like to privately post my date of birth and adress if its necessary.

thank you.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
I have received an offline message on Yahoo Messenger. What I've done is to send you an invite, are you with Yahoo messenger or Messenger?

I havnt been on it that long so not to sure on how it works.

Julie

hi

i have received the invitation and confirmed it. im with yahoo messenger.thanks
i will check everyday to make sure im aware of any urgent informations you may have about me.

thank you

Last edited:
the people i lived with are my mother's family friend, told me that mother died August 13,1989,10, Old High Street, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 9HN, they have since moved, as i didnt have a stable childhood days.

i would like to privately post my date of birth and adress if its necessary.

thank you.
Do you have your mothers death cert at all? this might lead to another family member that you were not aware of.