• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

please ignore

benrymnd

Please ignore my last post vol and page numbers as I found where and how to enter the vol and page numbers, but it was no help as it doesn't help me in finding my mother-in-laws parents as she was born after 1911.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi,

If you would like to post your mother-in-laws details, sure there’s one of our members that will be able to help. If the person is still living, you can post details on the Private and Sensitive Data Forum, which is only open for our members to view.

benrymnd

Hi, Julie, the following information is details of my mother-in-law of whom I am trying to find her parents. Lily Marsh (maiden name)born Dec 1914 St Helens Lancashire, any help would most helpful./

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hi,

There’s a birth registration for a Lily Marsh - 1914 - Dec 1/4 - District Prescot - Mothers maiden name Proudlove. Seeing that her birth is in December, the birth could have been registered the following year Which would be included in the March 1/4. Did Lily have any siblings?. Who did she marry?. The marriage certificate should give fathers name and occupation.

benrymnd

Hi, Julie yes she had 3 siblings that we know of Joseph, Irene, and Gertrude, I have found her father and mother after your help they, George Ernest Marsh born 1883 and Mary Elizabeth Proudlove 1886 married in 1905, but what puzzles me is why wait until 1914 to have their first child we do know that Lily was older than her 2 sisters not sure about the brother.

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Here’s a Link to freebmd showing Marsh children, mothers maiden name Proudlove. The mothers name isnt shown until the Sept 1/4 1911. The gro.gov.uk site have the mothers maiden name entered before Sept 1/4 1911.

Bootzy

Loyal Member
Hi there,

1911 census shows – 200 Horton road, St Helens, Lancs
George Ernest Marsh 28 miner b Eccleston Lancs
Mary Elizabeth wife 24 married 5 years, had 3 children, 1 living & 2 deceased b Sutton Lancs
Joseph son 18 months b St Helens Lancs

the 2 deceased
George Marsh 1908 Prescott mm Proudlove – died Sept qtr 1908
Edward Marsh 1910 Prescott mm Proudlove – died Sept qtr 1910

Then had
Margaret E Marsh in 1912
Lily in 1914
Gertrude in 1917
Dorothy in 1919

regards Val

Last edited:

benrymnd

Hi, Val thanks for all that information it is really great, Perhaps you could explain why I cannot bring up the birth of Mary Elizabeth proudlove with her parents' name.
Kindest regards Ray

Bootzy

Loyal Member
Mary E Marsh (nee Proudlove) on 1939 census has birth as 16 July 1885

Mary Elizabeth Proudlove Sept qtr 1885 Prescott Lancs Vol 8b page 755 – her mother’s surname is Wood & she died April qtr 1976 Warrington Cheshire age 91 years

Her parents -
Esther Woods age 19 (father Joseph Nicholas Woods) married Joseph Proudlove age 24 (father Joseph Proudlove) on 10 June 1878 Prescott Lancs – FHL Film no: 1657597 ref Id p243 cn486

Joseph Proudlove died Oct qtr 1921 Prescott Lancs age 68
regards
Val

benrymnd

Hi Val and julie mary e marsh nee proudlove b1885 but we know from a family member that she died in st helens lancashire 1950/1951, but looking on the bmd they have her as 60 although she was 64.

Last edited:

juliejtp

Loyal Member
Staff member
Scrap that one.

Death registration - 1949 - June 1/4 - St Helens

Mary E Marsh
age 64

You will find the burial transciption on the Lancashire Online Parish Clerk Here. You will need to fill in the details.

benrymnd

anyone any idea what a glap founder is in the 1861 census shows Thomas marsh as a glap founder thought it might be glass but there isn't two s on the end of gla

Last edited: