• Important Update: Our New Email Domain

Please note: We've updated our email domain to familyhistory.email. All our emails will be from this domain.

• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

**** Please read! We are launching a new website and forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clicked 'unblock' and didn't see any change so don't know what my browser blocked.

Colour-coding the members on-line depending on user category??

Dave

Last edited:
Topic from the Admin and Moderators Forum appears in the New posts.

Is that topic title there for all to see?

Current title is no problem but some titles would be best unseen by non-staff.

Dave

Umm. I thought the tag system was implemented.

And option to search by tag?

Dave

@DaveHam9 checking the tagging issue out now.

Topic from the Admin and Moderators Forum appears in the New posts.

Is that topic title there for all to see?

Current title is no problem but some titles would be best unseen by non-staff.

Dave

That is because you are logged in as staff, non-staff will not see that.

I notice similar topics appearing between the title of a new topic and the body of the new thread.

Dave

Very curious.

It did it again when I started writing the title for 1881 census but by the time I went to grab the screen shot the list of similar topics had gone.

They did not appear the next two attempts to start a topic.

Dave

Very curious.

It did it again when I started writing the title for 1881 census but by the time I went to grab the screen shot the list of similar topics had gone.

They did not appear the next two attempts to start a topic.

Dave

Yeh very curious to why. Maybe it's because you're upside down to our UK servers and it's displaying things that way :ROFLMAO:

Ok, you can generate a list of similar threads by putting anything in the title. The list will appear for awhile.
I should have noticed this before?? Is is new or random or always been there?? Not sure.

Well, they have not stayed long enough to grab a screen shot.

Dave

Aha, yes that's a new feature I have just setup. It prevents people from posting something what's already been posted.

Maybe we should put a heading above it, explaining what the titles below means? like "Similar posts based on your title" ??

As soon as you move the cursor away from the title the list of similar threads goes away.

Dave

It does say Thread starter Similar threads so I think that's ok.

Didn't think that list was there from the start. :)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back