• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Portland St. Liverpool.

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Does anyone know where Portland St. Liverpool is.

It comes up in the sub.reg of St.Martins in the 1841 census.

I've 'googled' it, but it comes up with Green St. L5. 8. which i assume is the post code.
Green St. is in the right area, but due to redevelopement etc, it does not show.

Steve.:)

Gerard

Does anyone know where Portland St. Liverpool is.

It comes up in the sub.reg of St.Martins in the 1841 census.

I've 'googled' it, but it comes up with Green St. L5. 8. which i assume is the post code.
Green St. is in the right area, but due to redevelopement etc, it does not show.

Steve,

You need to be a bit more exact...there are 41 EDs in St Martins RO. The ED number would help:)

Gerard

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
Steve,

You need to be a bit more exact...there are 41 EDs in St Martins RO. The ED number would help:)

Gerard
I'll get there in the end Gerard.:rolleyes: :)

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 561; Book: 15; Civil Parish: Liverpool; County: Lancashire; Enumeration District: 16; Folio: 21; Page: 35; Line: 6; GSU roll: 438713.

Hi steve
St Titus, Portland St., Vauxhall, L3 6JQ
St Titus is located at OS Grid Reference - SJ 346918
Est 1865 - closed 1918 united with St Albans & St Martins
Source: Liverpool Record Office

dave

p.risboy

Loyal Member
Staff member
OK guys, I think the little cul-de-sac that's shown on 'google' seems to be all that remains of Portland St.

It looks like The Green Man Pub, is on the corner, of Portland St. and Vauxhall Rd.

My thanks to you, Dave and Gerard.:)