• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Post 2006 BMD records for England and Wales

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
I seem to remember the FRC stating they had BMD records from 1837 to 6 months or sometime before the end of the latest quarter of a year. This was in 2005 when I found this out. Since then the records at the FRC are now at Kew. Up to 2006/2007 BMD's are online.

I was in Westminster Archives yesterday and found BMD registers up to March 2014, so very handy. Online the births and marriages dont go past 2005 or 2006 and the deaths dont go past 2007.

I cannot draw up a definitive list of archives which have quite recent registers of BMDs but Westminster has them and Kew must also have them.

Guy

Valued Member
Website
freespace.virgin.net
Last edited: