• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

POWER family

shazzt

Have not found a ship but do have some news related to the Power Family. First, I have been in contact with Joy Walker who tells me she has finished her book on JP Power and is looking for a printer. Please message me if you are interested in getting a copy. I can put her in touch with you.

Also, not sure if you have ever found out what happened to Ellen Charlotte Power (née Welsh) and her other two children William Henry and Kate Eliza Matilda. Seems that they moved to New Zealand in the mid 1880s. They ended up near Fielding in a place that became known as Colyton. I am interested to find out if they were involved in the naming of the area (Kate married a James Bussell who also seems to have been from Colyton). You can see their graves here:
http://www.mdc.govt.nz/Online_Services/Find_It/Cemetery_Search

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Thanks for the info.

I had not searched for parents of Joseph Porter or his siblings. Getting a bit far off my main line.

I will have a look and see if I can find anything re the move to NZ.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Name: William Power
Birth Date: 1831
Birthplace:
Spouse's Name: Ellen Charlotte Welch
Spouse's Birth Date: 1832
Spouse's Birthplace:
Spouse's Age: 23
Event Date: 10 Jan 1855
Event Place: Christ Church,Southwark,London,England
Father's Name:
Mother's Name:
Spouse's Father's Name:
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Race:
Marital Status:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M02070-1
System Origin: England-ODM
GS Film number: 384912, 384913, 384914, 384915, 6026046
Reference ID:

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Nothing found. Seems the way arrivals to NZ are set up that you almost need to know the name of the vessel and the year and the port of arrival to find the passenger list.

Dave