• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Pre 1837 Records

Hello, May I ask a maybe obvious question?

Once a researcher has arrived at 1837 & before, how can one access parish records, etc?:eek:
For a beginner it is the start of a tough but enjoyable journey as there are several good sites for the Cencuses & post 1837 records.
Thank you, Gill

pejay

Valued Member
Hi there, yes I agree it is fairly easy now to access certs and info from 1837 onwards. A good place to start is the IGI on family search also Hugh Wallis has an IGI site too, another place to try is local or county records offices ,there is a
British Isles Vital Records Index vol 2 which lists many records some that are not on theIGI they can be looked at at most Mormon family history centres or purchased. Alas not all is on it yet. :( Maybe a volume 3 will help matters! :)

Hi there, yes I agree it is fairly easy now to access certs and info from 1837 onwards. A good place to start is the IGI on family search also Hugh Wallis has an IGI site too, another place to try is local or county records offices, there is a
British Isles Vital Records Index vol 2 which lists many records some that are not on the IGI they can be looked at at most Mormon family history centres or purchased. Alas not all is on it yet. :( Maybe a volume 3 will help matters! :)
Not sure if you know but the BIVRI is being transferred to the LDS website. There was a thread about this a while back somewhere...