• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Precious memories

Hi from Canada,
My name is Peter McIntyre. I grew up in Stockport,England. Our family ran a pub called The Just Another in Stockport until we immigrated to Canada when I was 14 years old. I have been back to Stockport once every ten years.It is hard to find anyone I used to know. I did find a few friends through The Stockport Express and The Friends Reunited website. Stockport has really changed and my old neighborhoods are long gone.I still have family in Stockport. A librarian sent me a picture of our pub from a book called The History of King Street. The library had commissioned a run of 2500 books but they are all sold out now.It was amazing to see the picture of the pub 43 years after it closed.
I was recently diagnosed with dementia. It was quite a blow. I am trying to hold onto to memories from Stockport and from Canada. I joined the forum so I could gain insight as to how others get info on their families.

admin

Loyal Member
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.familyhistory.uk.com
Hi truckermac - Peter,

welcome to the FHUK community forums especially from Canada:)
Many thanks for your "introduction"

I grew up in Stockport,England. Our family ran a pub called The Just Another in Stockport until we immigrated to Canada when I was 14 years old. I have been back to Stockport once every ten years.It is hard to find anyone I used to know. I did find a few friends through The Stockport Express and The Friends Reunited website. Stockport has really changed and my old neighborhoods are long gone.I still have family in Stockport.
Yep! Peter - Things really move on at a fast pace here in the UK. I have many times made some good friends, saying we would keep in touch and for whatever reason it doesn't happen. Then it seems to be too late:(

I was recently diagnosed with dementia. It was quite a blow. I am trying to hold onto to memories from Stockport and from Canada. I joined the forum so I could gain insight as to how others get info on their families.
Sorry to hear about that Peter. If you need any help or advice, please ask in the relevant forum. We will do our best to help.

Good luck in your family history genealogy research,

See you on the forums,
Regards,
Dave

lizanne

Hi Peter and welcome to the FHUK forums.
I'm sure that you'll get all the help that you need here, everyone is friendly and willing to help.
Good luck with your research.