• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Precious memories

Hi from Canada,
My name is Peter McIntyre. I grew up in Stockport,England. Our family ran a pub called The Just Another in Stockport until we immigrated to Canada when I was 14 years old. I have been back to Stockport once every ten years.It is hard to find anyone I used to know. I did find a few friends through The Stockport Express and The Friends Reunited website. Stockport has really changed and my old neighborhoods are long gone.I still have family in Stockport. A librarian sent me a picture of our pub from a book called The History of King Street. The library had commissioned a run of 2500 books but they are all sold out now.It was amazing to see the picture of the pub 43 years after it closed.
I was recently diagnosed with dementia. It was quite a blow. I am trying to hold onto to memories from Stockport and from Canada. I joined the forum so I could gain insight as to how others get info on their families.