• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

pyres parry

davej

i am looking for the death of pyres parry b1844 in ysciefiog flint.in 1881 he was landlord of the kinmel arms.high st st asaph.north wales but he is not on the 1891 census his wife is down as a widow her name was jessy c parry.can anyone help please

Lincoln Lad

Dave, he is transcribed as Pierce P Parry on the 1881 census. And the image supports that.

Do you suspect that Pyres is a middle name?

EDIT That Pierce is this birth. Holywell is the correct district for Ysceifiog.
Dec 1843
PARRY, Piece Price, Holywell, 27 239

The only death I can find is for a 14 year old in Bury, so not him.

Edit again
Found this
Deaths Dec 1884
Parry, Pyers Pryse, 41, Salford, 8d 72
So I expect that could be him with incorrect (old?) spelling.

Last edited: