• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Queens Diamond Jubilee Beacons. June 2012.

gaelwyn

Valued Member
After reading about the beacons for the jubilee, I googled Australia's contribution

Worded it wrong and got all the websites for Beacon Lighting - a company that sells light fittings etc :eek: redf)

After correcting that mistake, discovered the beacon will be lit above Parliament House in Canberra :cool:

ianto73

Valued Member
Not heard anything where I am, but that doesn't mean much, don't read the local paper. Glad our good friends down under are marking this wonderful achievement - only the second one in history. I have my single malt ready for the occasion.

ianto73

Valued Member
Joaning, my apologies if my words were confusing. The 'SINGLE MALT' I have is a Bottle, but I won't be drinking it all, those days are behind me.:biggrin::biggrin:
However, on the 23rd June this year, My colleagues and I always toast HM as our Sovereign is our Colonel-in-Chief.
So, slightly off tangent, 60 years ago:-
No Colour TV; no credit cards; no package holidays across the world; no cruises around the world; no playstations; no Hi-Fi's; no computers; no calculators in schools; the list is endless, and I was a very well behaved, shy polite seven year old. :2fun::2fun: Our Sovereign has seen more changes than Queen Victoria did during her 60 years+,.

joaning

Loyal Member
Joaning, my apologies if my words were confusing. The 'SINGLE MALT' I have is a Bottle, but I won't be drinking it all, those days are behind me.:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Ianto, No apology necessary, I was "having you on" :2fun::2fun:
I know about single malt, double malt, different Scotches etc.
My father was an "expert":rolleyes: on the Whiskey family, and could tell a true Scotch in a pub, whether it was Black Label,Red Label,Johnny Walker etc. If the barman tried to put one over him,;)he would let him know smartly.

However..I will be toasting HM on June11th. Long may she reign.. Joan

The Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, will light a beacon on Parliament House on June 4.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
In June 2013 it will be 60 years since the Queens Coronation but that seems to get celebrated less when it hist an anniversary.