• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Re-visiting Molyneux

Ladybird1300

Loyal Member
Staff member
My g g grandmother Mary Molyneux maintains throughout the census she was born abt 1828 in Ormskirk Lancashire, and on her marriage certificate her father is named as John Molyneux a Posilion or Carter. But I have never found a bapyism for her with these details. Does anyone know if any church records are missing either on Ancestry or at the records office because they are damaged??

Other than this I have two families in Liverpool where John Molyneux was a Carter.

Family one: John Molyneux and Frances Daniel married 1822 had Ellen, Elizabeth William and Frances who seem to be living at Kent Street at the time of there baptisms, but no Mary.

Family two: John Molyneux b1786 and Ellen Hall b1777 married in 1803 had Johnathan, George, Mary b 1811, Charles, John, and William all living in Ray Street. I can't find a marriage or burial for their daughter Mary.

I have also found a marriage for an Elizabeth Molyneux from Ray St father John a Carter, but no baptism for her. She married Thomas Dodd in 1846, he was living in Plumbe Street at the time.

My Mary and James Hegney were living at Plumbe Street at the time of their wedding in 1854. Mary's marriage certificate is the first written evidence I have of her in 1854. As Ellen Hall was b 1777, I think it's unlikely she would be Mary's mother. I can't find a record of John remarrying.

I have this the 1851 census:

Name: Mary Molyneux
Estimated birth year: abt 1828
Relation: Servant
Where born: Latham, Lancashire, England
Civil Parish: Liverpool
Ecclesiastical parish: St Martin
Phillimore Ecclesiastical Parish Maps:
View related Ecclesiastical Parish
Town: Liverpool
County/Island: Lancashire
Street address: