• Welcome to Family History Forum 🔎

Dive into a community where unraveling family history is a shared passion. Here, real people collaborate, offering advice, insights, and support in navigating the rich tapestry of genealogy. Engage in vibrant discussions, pose questions, or celebrate your latest findings on our active message boards.

Whether you're piecing together ancestry or breaking through brick walls in your research, our forum is your essential resource 📚

Join fellow family historians in this journey, where every story uncovered strengthens the bonds that connect us all 🔗

Family History UK
  • Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Ready for Christmas

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
My uncle used to have a farm at Hanging Rock. Wood stove, 32v DC generator, kero fridge, a big hole out the back. :2fun:

We used to visit in Summer. ;)

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
That was years ago Glen. But I have spent time in the area. They moved later to Wallabadah and then into Quirindi. My aunt and cousins are now in Tamworth but it's been some years since I've visited them.

DaveHam9

Loyal Member
Staff member
I didn't find any sapphires or gold but did get lots of garnets. ;) The Hanging Rock area so so poor country - lacking trace elements and even poor after they had been added. Wallabadah was so much easier.

I didn't find any sapphires or gold but did get lots of garnets. ;) The Hanging Rock area so so poor country - lacking trace elements and even poor after they had been added. Wallabadah was so much easier.
We are just outside Guyra you can grow anything, but you dont need to go far to get into poor country.