• Do you love Genealogy? Why not write for us? we're looking for volunteers to write articles for Family history. Please contact us for further information.

Really stuck.

c.daniel

Hi! I'm just about ready to give up on Charles Stow. He was born in Margate Kent in 1828. His parents were John And Jane Stow. I would love to know what happened to him. All I found on him was his Christening. Then nothing.
Christine.

Minden

I couldn't find anything on ancestry, but I tapped his name and birthdate into genes reunited, and found 5 people with someone of that name, birthdate and birthplace in their trees. Have you tried that?

duckweed

Loyal Member
I think he and his family are down as How in 1851, still in Maidstone fathers name Charles Mothers name Mary Other members Eliza 11, George 18, Henry 21, Jane 13, Mary 19, and Sarah 7. Trick is if you have Ancestry miss out surname but put in all other details, mispellings of surnames are frequent. If that doesn't work try missng out the first name and just look for the surname as some families call their child by their middle name.

c.daniel

Hi Duckweed. Thanks for telling me about the mispelling. But the George How you sent me from the 1851 census, couldn't be my George Stow, because he had a 21 year old son. He would have been born in 1830. My George was born in 1828.I found one in 1881 census, that's all I can get.
George How of Maidstone Age 52, Wife Sarah, age 50 William, age 19 and Annie age 10. Now All I need to know that George's Parents , then I'll know if it's him
Thank You. Christine.