• All members must be aware of our current Family History UK Community Rules

Please read the following:

Read the current rules of the forum

Thank you

If you are a business -please contact us to advertise or be a sponsor on our FHUK Community Genealogy forums

Recent family tree achievements.

benny1982

Loyal Member
Staff member
A thread to share your recent family tree achievements, such as brickwalls you have broken down or tracked migrations across the country for ancestors who died prior to June 1841.

My ancestor was John Lucking, born 1758 in Foulness, Essex, mother was Elizabeth Lucking nee Otley born c1730. John Lucking, of Foulness, was mentioned in the 1763 will of his uncle Samuel Otley of Bradwell, Essex, also, Sam mentions his mum Susannah Sparke. A Susan Otley wed in Thurlow, Suffolk to John Sparke in 1738, she was a widow. Seems her maiden surname was Deeks. A Samuel Sparke wed Susan Deeks in 1727 in Stanstead, Suffolk. Elizabet Otley was baptised in 1730 in Stanstead, daughter of Samuel, who was buried in 1736 in Stanstead.

Deeks, the maiden name of Babs Windsor, her rellies came from Bures but before about 1726 seem to come from near Stanstead, Glemsford to be precise, just 2 miles from Stanstead. Could I be related to "Get outta my pub" lol ;D?